In 2013, The First Tee of Connecticut became an officially recognized LPGA-USGA Girls Golf site. TFTCT’s Girls Golf Program will feature supplementary programs for our female participants instructed by an all-female coaching staff and administered by Assistant Program Director, Patrick O’Connor, and Administrative Associate, Marie Bernatchez. The goals of the LPGA-USGA Golf Program are very similar to TFTCT’s, but with a special emphasis on keeping young ladies hooked on the game of golf as they learn in a positive and friendly environment. Young ladies learn to feel confident, build self-esteem, and live active and healthy lifestyles through the Five E’s of Girls Golf: Empower, Enrich, Engage, Exercise, and Energize. Click here to complete your official LPGA-USGA registration and receive your PLAYer gift. (Please check back at a later date to access the 2017 application.)
2017 Schedule of Events
Beginning January 1, 2015 The First Tee of Connecticut will be utilizing a new registration system, called REGGIE, for all programs including Girls Golf Events. This system will allow users a more efficient experience as it is powered by the same organization that also runs our website. ALL users must create a new online profile through this system during their first registration. We apologize for any inconvenience.
|Ready…Set…Golf!||Friday, March 3, 2017||5:30 – 7:30 p.m.|
|LuLaRoe Open House||Saturday, April 8, 2017||1:00 – 4:00 p.m.|
|Spring Into Golf” Girls Night Out – Bring A New Friend||June TBA||5:30-7:30 p.m.|
|Girls Only Summer Camp||Tuesday, July 25 – Friday, July 28||9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.|
|Girls Only Summer Camp||Tuesday, August 15 – Friday, August 18||9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.|
|Halloween” Girls Night Out||October TBA||5:00 – 7:00 p.m.|
|Holiday” Girls Night Out||December TBA||5:00 – 7:00 p.m.|
- Ready…Set…Golf! In preparation of the upcoming golf season come and get back into the SWING of things using the simulator, hitting bays, and putting green. Along with golf the girls will set goals for their upcoming golf season.
- LuLaRoe Open House An open house event for participants and their adult guest (moms, grandmas, etc.) featuring a trunk show by LuLaRoe.
- Spring Into Golf Let’s celebrate the start of the 2017 season and the improving weather by getting back on the Learning Links! There is no better way to support The First Tee of Connecticut than to invite a friend to join you and introduce the game of golf to them. It doesn’t matter if she has ever played golf or has been apart of The First Tee.
- Girls Only Summer Camp For the fourth year in a row, part of our summer camp series will feature an 18-girl camp. Again in 2016, Girls Only Summer Camp will be offered twice! The ladies will follow a similar schedule as a regular camp week with golf stations in the morning and play on our Karl Krapek Learning Links in the afternoon, but every event will be centered around the team building and fun environment where girls learn best. Check out a recap and photos of last year’s event on our blog by clicking here.
- Halloween Everyone is encouraged to dress in a Halloween costume. The night will include golf-themed games, a healthy snack, arts & crafts and a Costume Parade. Check out a recap and photos of previous events on our blog by clicking here.
- Holiday Remember to wear your festive holiday outfits and bring your holiday spirit! Be ready for a event filled with golf, holiday arts & crafts and sharing everyone’s favorite tradition.
All Girls Night Out events are scheduled on Friday evenings from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. at our Cromwell location unless otherwise noted. Each event will include;
- Warm Up Games & Ice Breakers
- Golf Activities (Indoor or Outdoor)
- Healthy Snacks
- Arts & Crafts
All Girls Golf events (excluding the Girls Only Summer Camp) are free to attend (excluding Summer Camp – registration fee is $225) and are open to current participants (registered for at least one 2016 or 2017 The First Tee of Connecticut program) that have reached their 7th birthday by the date of the event.
To read even more about all of our events, please visit the Girls Golf section of our blog by clicking here.
Thank you to our sponsoring organizations
Additional opportunities available through girls golf
- Connecticut Women’s Golf Association (CWGA) Scholarships
- LPGA-USGA Girls Golf Scholarships through the LPGA Foundation
- USGA and Chevron STEM Scholarship Program
- Opportunities through The First Tee National
- Don’t forget about our chapter scholarships open to all current participants! And summer camp scholarships!