2017 SCHEDULE OF CHARITY GOLF EVENTS
Playing in or being a sponsor of one of The First Tee of Connecticut’s Charity Classic golf events is a great way to help thousands of Connecticut’s children. Net proceeds from the tournaments help us keep our lesson fees affordable so we are grateful to every sponsor, player, volunteer and golf club who help us help kids!
The following tournaments will be held during the 2017 season. For complete information on these tournaments please select the appropriate link in the menu on the left of this page.
- Parent Child Open at Lyman Orchards Apple Nine in Middlefield on Saturday, May 20, 2017
- PwC Charity Classic at Rolling Hills Country Club in Wilton on Monday, May 22, 2017
- Walmart Charity Classic “Kick-Off to The Travelers Championship” at TPC River Highlands in Cromwell on Sunday, June 11, 2017
- Yale Athletics Presents The First Tee Charity Classic at The Course at Yale in New Haven on Monday, July 17, 2017
If you are interested in participating in any of the above events as a player or sponsor, please call The First Tee of Connecticut at (860) 882-1660. You can also e-mail Events Manager, Christy Deep at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your support!
2016 BENEFACTOR EVENTS
The First Tee of Connecticut is grateful for the generosity of individual donors and corporate sponsors who dedicate a portion (and in many cases, all) of the net proceeds they raise at golf tournaments and other fundraisers to The First Tee of Connecticut. These events are known as “Benefactor” or “Third Party” events and they are a tremendous help to us in keeping our program fees affordable for everyone ($5-$7 per lesson, in most locations).
- The Final-Final Open is holding its 11th annual memorial golf tournament on Monday, June 20th at Glastonbury Hills to continue honoring the memory of late Hartford restaurateur Tom Altmann.
- The Simsbury-Granby Rotary is holding a scramble-format “Swing for Education” golf tournament at Hop Meadow Country Club on Monday, June 28th. If you are interested in playing and/or becoming a sponsor, click here for more information.
- Don’t know what to do with your used clubs and equipment? Click here to learn more about upcoming Used Golf Club Drives sponsored by the Simsbury-Granby Rotary Club.
- The 3rd Annual Dan Novarr Memorial Golf Tournament will be held on Saturday, September 17th at Wintonbury Hills Golf Course in Bloomfield. This tournament has been a tremendous success thanks to the friends, colleagues and family of the late Dan Novarr. The tournament benefits the Bloomfield High golf team and The First Tee of Connecticut. Click here to learn more about how you can sign up for or donate to this event.
- Carbone’s Restaurant 12th Annual “Cigar & Scotch Social Under the Stars” will help raise money for The First of Connecticut the evening of September 22nd. For more information about this age-appropriate evening complete with delicious food, beverage, cigars and a fun time hosted by Rob Dibble of ESPN Radio, all under the stars outside at Carbone’s in Hartford, click here.
- The 2nd annual Gary Gatzen Memorial Golf Event will be held at Shuttle Meadow Country Club in Kensington on Monday, September 26th. Click here for a registration form.