2018 Program Schedule
During your online registration process you will have the opportunity to make a donation to The First Tee of Connecticut in addition to your Program Fee.
- Spring Group Lessons will begin the week of Monday, April 16 through Sunday, April 22; online registration will begin on Monday, March 12 at 9:00 a.m.
- Squad Programs will begin the week of Monday, April 16; registration will begin on Monday, March 6.
- Summer Group Lessons will begin the week of Saturday, July 7 through Friday, July 13; online registration will begin on Monday, June 4 at 9:00 a.m.
- Fall Group Lessons will begin the week of Tuesday, September 4 through Monday, September 10; registration will begin on Monday, August 6 at 9:00 a.m. The schedule will be available to view online beginning July 23.
Most of The First Tee of Connecticut programs offer online registration. Online registration requires an active email address to serve as your username and participant information including: name, date of birth, grade level, address, ethnicity and family income (optional). All information is kept confidential and will not be shared with any other organization.
FALL SCHEDULE PUBLISHED 7/23/18; SUBJECT TO CHANGE
- Beginning the week of Monday, September 24 – Friday, September 28 ALL WEEKDAY programs will be held on an abbreviated scheduled to accommodate the early-setting sun and ensure a safe environment for all participants. Weekday programs will run for 60 minutes from 4:00 – 5:00 (previously 4:00 – 5:20) and from 5:10 – 6:10 (previously 5:30 – 6:50).
- Spring Group Lessons – Registration will begin on Monday, March 12 at 9:00 a.m. and the schedule can be viewed online beginning February 15
- Summer Camp and Team Programs – Registration will begin on Monday, April 2
- Summer Group Lessons – Registration will begin on Monday, June 4 and the schedule can be viewed online beginning May 15
- Fall Group Lessons – Registration will begin on Monday, August 6 and the schedule can be viewed online beginning July 23
Beginning Spring 2017 The First Tee of Connecticut will be utilizing a new registration system called Salesforce. This system will allow users a more efficient experience. ALL users will have to create a new online profile through this system during their first registration.
Please note that even though all program levels may display for your child(ren) you must register for the appropriate level based on age and past experience. You may contact our office by phone, (860) 882-1660 or email, firstname.lastname@example.org to verify a participant’s status within the Life Skills Experience.
- Participants must be 7 years old at the 1st day of class to enter the PLAYer Level. All new participants, age 7 & up must register for the PLAYer Level.
- At Fairchild Wheeler in Bridgeport the PLAYer Level is offered in three (3) sub-levels. All new participants who are at least 7 years old must enroll at the PLAYer Level with the following suggestions made based on age:
- PLAYer 3 – Ages 7 – 9
- PLAYer 6 – Ages 10 – 12 or successful enrollment in and completion of PLAYer 3
- PLAYer 9 – Ages 13 & above or successful enrollment in and completion of PLAYer 3 and PLAYer 6.
- Participants age 5 and 6 may register for TARGET Level classes; held in Cromwell, Greater Waterbury, Branford and Bridgeport.
- * Teenage participants at the PLAYer or Par Levels are encouraged to register for Tuesday programs in the Cromwell area. Coaches will be dedicated to working with teenage participants at the PLAYer and Par Level.
Team Program schedule
- Registration for 2018 Team Programs will begin on Monday, April 2 at 9:00 a.m.
- Saturday programs will last approximately two (2) hours.
- Wednesday programs will last approximately four (4) hours.
|Program Location||Start Date||End Date||Start Time||Program Level(s)|
|East Mountain Golf Course||Saturday, June 23||Saturday, August 25||3:00 p.m.||Birdie|
|East Mountain Golf Course||Wednesday, June 27||Wednesday, August 22||10:00 a.m.||Eagle & Ace|
|Highland Greens Golf Course||Saturday, June 23||Saturday, August 25||2:00 p.m.||Par & Birdie (JV)|
|Twin Lakes Golf Course||Saturday, June 23||Saturday, August 25||12:30 p.m.||Par & Birdie (JV)|
|Alling Memorial Golf Course||Saturday, June 23||Saturday, August 25||3:30 p.m.||Birdie, Eagle & Ace|
|Karl Krapek Family Learning Links||Saturday, June 23||Saturday, August 25||9:30 a.m.||Birdie & Eagle|
|Karl Krapek Family Learning Links||Saturday, June 23||Saturday, August 25||12:00 p.m.||Par & Birdie (JV)|
|Goodwin Park Golf Course (North Course)||Saturday, June 23||Saturday, August 25||3:30 p.m.||Par & Birdie|
|Goodwin Park Golf Course||Wednesday, June 27||Wednesday, August 22||10:00 a.m.||Eagle & Ace|
Fairchild Wheeler Team Program Overview
To register for the 2018 Team Program at Fairchild Wheeler please choose the Tryout date that you wish to attend and complete online registration for that specific date. After tryouts all participants will be assigned to a specific program for the summer. During your initial online registration for a Tryout date you will be asked to confirm your child(ren)’s shirt size for their Team uniform and also to complete payment for the $75 registration fee.
To be eligible for the Teams Programs at Fairchild Wheeler participants must meet all of the following requirements:
- Age 10 – 17
- Completed the PAR level (PAR Certified)
- Able to attend at least 7of the 9 practices
- Able to attend at least 7 of 9 matches
- Able to walk 9 holes with golf bag
The First Tee at Fairchild Wheeler Teams Programs consist of our Junior Varsity, Varsity, and Premier teams. We will once again have a Varsity Team for both Girls and Boys (Ages 13-17) and a Junior Varsity Team for Girls and Boys (Ages 10-12)
This is a 9 Week program that consists of one practice and one match each week. The Junior Varsity Program follows the Birdie curriculum and can be taken in place of a Birdie group lesson. The Varsity and Premier Programs will have both Birdie and Eagle curriculum involved depending on the participants.
Junior Varsity Team (Ages 10 to 12) – Competitive and fun, this Birdie level team will work on goal setting, improving their game, and participate in a season long competition. June 27-August 26
- Practices on Wednesdays (5:30 – 7:00 p.m.)
- Matches on Fridays (3:30 – 7:00 p.m.)
Varsity and Premier Teams (Ages 13 to 17) – These combined teams offer a multi-tiered season long competition. They will be a mix of Birdie and Eagle participants, and focus on game improvement and course management. June 23-August 25
- Practices on Thursdays (5:30 – 7:00 p.m.)
- Matches on Saturdays (3:30 – 7:00 p.m.)
Tryouts – Junior Varsity Team will include a Written Assessment on First Tee Life Skills, Nine Healthy Habits and Nine Core Values. The Golf Skill Evaluation will include Driving Accuracy, Putting and Short Game. Varsity and Premier Teams will be for BIRDIE and EAGLE Level participants and consist of 9 holes of golf where your raw score will be taken on a points scale and added together with your Written Assessment on First Tee Life Skills, Nine Healthy Habits and Nine Core Values knowledge.
Tryout Dates (hosted from 4:00 – 7:00 p.m.)
- Saturday June 2
- Sunday June 3
- Saturday June 9
- A Welcome Meeting will be held on Saturday, June 16 to confirm team placement and review details about the program.
2018 Registration System – Salesforce
Since we are using a new registration platform, as of 2017, any past participants who DID NOT register in 2017 please use the Forgot Password link in the Log In section to receive an email link that will allow you create a password. Please note that this email may arrive in your SPAM folder. This option will allow all past information to be transitioned to your new account.